Publicus Online Backup utilises Attix5 and Techgate high availability replication centres. Data is automatically encrypted and scheduled for back up on a daily basis. With Publicus IT Support Service you have full restoring capabilities, management and daily monitoring. This ensures that your data is stored securely and is compliant with EU legislation.
Publicus Online Backup is a secure, automated data backup and retrieval solution that intelligently and securely backs up and stores critical data via the Internet, from a user's computer (whether it is a server, desktop or laptop) to fully mirrored, offsite data storage platforms in separate locations, ensuring that your valuable data is safe, secure and is available anytime, anywhere.
Publicus Online Backup is more cost effective than backup solutions offered by other major providers because it is a Managed Service. It can be used across a variety of platforms - including Windows XP/Vista/2003/2008/Windows 7 and Mac OS X - and is fully scaleable giving users freedom to access and recover data from anywhere in the world. Furthermore, because only incremental data is backed up online, it's up to 98% faster than traditional tape backup systems.
With banking level security and a WebAccess facility that affords you extraordinary flexibility, the appeal of Publicus Online Backup is wide ranging, whether you are in IT, Finance, Administration, Sales or even if you are the Managing Director, you can rest easy knowing that your data is safe.
Publicus Online Backup is a combination of state-of-the-art server and network storage infrastructure provided by IBM Continuity Services combined with the highly secure and user friendly Backup Professional software from Attix5. The Attix5 software provides the tools to manage the backup and retrieval of data.
Data security and privacy are paramount in the construction of the software feature set. Attix5 Backup Professional makes use of the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol standard for secure communication between the Backup Clients and the Storage Platform, including data transmission (1024 bit RSA key exchange, 128 bit RC4 stream cipher & SHA-1 integrity checking). Data is stored using 448-bit Blowfish encryption in CBC mode on the Storage Platform. Backup account encryption keys are not stored with the data and globally recognised techniques are applied to ensure the integrity and security of all data protected with Backup Professional. Access to a user's stored data is via a user name, password and an encryption key known only to the user.
Publicus Online Backup minimises risk, maximises productivity and allows the user to automatically back up files and documents and retrieve them across the Internet. The service is highly secure, scalable and an efficient solution. Data held on PCs, laptops or servers, plus running server applications such as Exchange and SQL, can be easily and securely backed up.
Desktops & Laptops
The Publicus Online Backup Desktop and Laptop (D&L) Edition is for individual single-user backups and is available for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and for Mac OS X. (32 and 64-bit versions available)
Initial Snapshot Service
Additional Service Details
- Attix5 Backup Professional is security certified by RSA
- Intelligent file selection and exclusion facilitates rapid, transparent backups over low-speed connections.
- Byte-level patch incremental backups means only changed parts of files are backed up and not the whole file.
- All data is compressed in transit and storage, further minimising transfer times, network loads and storage requirements.
- Data can be recovered from any previously backed up state.
- Disconnections are resumed from the last byte sent Ð no need to resend partially transferred files.
- Advanced scheduling allows multiple backups per day.
- Status display shows optional progress bar for easy monitoring and estimates of backup completion time.
- Built-in version control to allow for recovery to previous file states (Server Edition).
- Incorporates St. Bernard Open File Management as standard to protect locked files (Server Edition, Windows).
The Storage Platform systems are hosted in secure data centres with redundant access via multiple Internet backbone providers:
- Private fully secure data centres run by IBM Continuity Services
- Primary storage platform data centre located at Wapping, London.
- Secondary storage platform data centre located outside Central London.
- Diverse, redundant Internet connectivity via multiple providers.
- 24 hour security with restricted access and CCTV monitoring
- Multiple mains power feeds with UPS and mains power generator backup
- Fire suppression systems and Monitored Air Conditioning
Publicus Online Backup's ease of use, combined with the remote WebAccess interface for anywhere, anytime data recovery makes it the only choice for organisations and individual users looking to protect valuable data whilst ensuring quick and easy access to stored files.
For more information or to order, please call 020 7952 2050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org